Common Name: Club Moss, Spike Moss
Selaginellas are a genus of primitive plants with visual characteristics of a mix between a fern and a moss. These ancient spikemosses have an attractive blue sheen on the surface of the leaves when the light hits it just right. Spikemosses make a great addition to your emersed setups with a fair amount of humidity, as they are commonly found under the canopy of rainforests. These plants can grow up to 2 feet tall but can be kept at virtually any size when maintained properly.
- This is not an aquarium plant. Submerging it completely will result in the death of this plant.
- Selaginella Willdenowii works well in terrarium-like setups and should be partially shaded with good humidity.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into quality soil. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- Yellowing of leaves indicates overwatering.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Lycopodiaceae
Light: Low to Medium
Growth rate: Slow to Moderate