Taxiphyllum Sp Spiky Moss
Common Name: Taxiphyllum Sp Spiky Moss, Spiky Moss
Spiky moss offers a gorgeous option for dense coverage where upright growth is desired. This long-growing moss produce fronds that are similar in appearance to fir trees. Like most aquarium mosses, Spiky Moss is versatile and easy to grow. Simply attach the moss to the desired surface with string, fishing wire, or aquarium safe super glue.
Taxiphyllum Sp Spiky Moss Specifications
Please note, all stats are provided as general guidelines. Factors such as height, size and overall success can vary depending on care and environment.
- Family name: Hypnaceae
- Origin: Asia
- Lighting: Low
- CO2: Not required, but recommended
- Propagation: Cut, attach to desired surface
- Growth rate: Slow
- Aquarium moss is extremely hardy and will survive in a wide range of aquarium parameters.
- Please note, most moss species can contain brown bits and while suitable for low tech tanks, CO2 injection will yield better growth and coloration.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- For instructions on how to properly prep tissue culture aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.