UNS Controsand - Kona
Ultum Nature Systems Controsand is a line of decorative sand substrates designed for use in planted aquariums and aquascaping. All varieties of Controsand are inert and designed for cosmetic usage. As such, the sand will not alter water parameters and has no buffering effect on pH levels or water hardness. Controsand also does not slow-release ammonia over time.
Kona Controsand is a rounded pebble gravel designed for freshwater aquarium use. Kona’s deeper tones can be used as a supporting feature or to create excellent contrast. Like other Controsands, Kona can be used alone or mixed with other substrates for a custom look in planted tanks, terrariums, paludariums and more.
Whether you're setting up your first aquascape, or you've been in the hobby for years, Controsand is easy to use. Just rinse the substrate gently to remove finer grains, then distribute to specific areas as a natural accent.
Key Features & Benefits
- Inert Foundation: All varieties of Controsand are biologically inactive and intended for cosmetic usage. It will not alter water conditions, including pH levels or water hardness. Additionally, Controsand does not gradually release ammonia into the water column.
- Root Development Support: Controsand's unique granule composition encourages strong root development, ensuring your plants anchor securely into the substrate and absorb nutrients effectively.
- Compatible with Bottom-dwellers: Perfect for shrimp or other bottom-dwelling species that sift through sand.
- Approximate Grain Size: 3 ~ 5MM
- Available Sizes: 3L and 8L bags
- 1x bag of UNS Controsand - Kona
The photo below shows the difference in color when dry and wet.