UNS Controsand - Mojave
Ultum Nature Systems Controsand is a line of decorative sand substrates designed for use in planted aquariums and aquascaping. All varieties of Controsand are inert and designed for cosmetic usage. As such, the sand will not alter water parameters and has no buffering effect on pH levels or water hardness. Controsand also does not slow-release ammonia over time.
Mojave Controsand is a fine natural sand that contains a mixture of warm, reddish-brown granules. This sand's rich hue is a great choice when recreating desert-style aquascapes. Warmer-toned sand also works well as an accent against a darker base substrate. It also compliments vibrantly colored aquatic plants and livestock.
Whether you're setting up your first aquascape, or you've been in the hobby for years, Controsand is easy to use. Just rinse the substrate gently to remove finer grains, then spread it evenly in your aquarium for a naturally earthy tone.
Controsand is available in two different granule sizes and four different colors to accommodate design preferences and various styles of aquascaping.
Key Features & Benefits
- Natural Sand Tone: A warm, authentically-colored decorative sand perfect for desert-style aquascapes or accenting darker base substrate. Mojave Controsand also compliments vibrantly colored aquatic plants and livestock.
- Inert Foundation: All varieties of Controsand are biologically inactive and intended for cosmetic usage. It will not alter water conditions, including pH levels or water hardness. Additionally, Controsand does not gradually release ammonia into the water column.
- Root Development Support: Controsand's unique granule composition encourages strong root development, ensuring your plants anchor securely into the substrate and absorb nutrients effectively.
- Compatible with Bottom-dwellers: Perfect for shrimp or other bottom-dwelling species that sift through sand. Controsand will not cause impaction issues if accidentally digested.
- Approximate Grain Size: 0.4 ~ 0.9MM
- Available Sizes: 3L and 8L bags
- 1x bag of UNS Controsand - Mojave
The photo below shows the difference in color when dry and wet.