UNS Controsand - Tahoe
Ultum Nature Systems Controsand is a line of decorative sand substrates designed for use in planted aquariums and aquascaping. All varieties of Controsand are inert and designed for cosmetic usage. As such, the sand will not alter water parameters and has no buffering effect on pH levels or water hardness. Controsand also does not slow-release ammonia over time.
Tahoe is a rounded pebble gravel designed for freshwater aquarium use. Its neutral color palette is versatile and makes it suitable for a range of popular aquascaping styles. Tahoe works well alone or combined with other cosmetic sands to create a custom blend for planted tanks, terrariums, paludariums and more.
Whether you're setting up your first aquascape, or you've been in the hobby for years, Controsand is easy to use. Just rinse the substrate gently to remove finer grains, then distribute to specific areas as a natural accent.
Key Features & Benefits
- Natural Gravel Tone: A neutral-toned, natural gravel blend perfect for accenting against an even-toned base substrate, or mixed in with a fine grain sand substrate. Tahoe Controsand also compliments vibrantly colored aquatic plants and livestock.
- Inert Foundation: All varieties of Controsand are biologically inactive and intended for cosmetic usage. It will not alter water conditions, including pH levels or water hardness. Additionally, Controsand does not gradually release ammonia into the water column.
- Root Development Support: Controsand's unique granule composition encourages strong root development, ensuring your plants anchor securely into the substrate and absorb nutrients effectively.
- Compatible with Bottom-dwellers: Perfect for shrimp or other bottom-dwelling species that sift through sand.
- Approximate Grain Size: 3 ~ 5MM
- Available Sizes: 3L and 8L bags
- 1x bag of UNS Controsand - Tahoe
The photo below shows the difference in color when dry and wet.