Common Name: Straight Vals
Straight Vals are unique types of vals characterized by the straight vertical leaves. They act as the perfect background plants, growing tall and fast to create a jungle like appearance. Vals are grass like plants that spread along side shoots and can grow to the height of your aquarium. They are nutrient loving plants that anchor deep into the substrate.
- Vallisneria are heavy root feeders and should be planted deeply in quality aquarium soil.
- Vallisneria grows very large and tall making them suitable for larger planted aquariums.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Region: Central/South America
Light: Moderate to High
Propagation: Cut lateral shoots