Add Character To Your Space with an Aquarium: Redfin Feature
Written by: Team Buce Plant & Redfin
Those looking to add some life and interaction into their home might consider getting a freshwater planted aquarium. As unique displays, they are perfect for all types or spaces - no matter how small. Setting up an aquarium is the perfect way to bring the beauty of nature inside your home.
Aquariums have been scientifically proven as well-known stress reducers that help improve mental health in adults who enjoy them too (and kids). Arguably, these interactive pieces of art will make a great addition for any space!
The aquatic plants and fish make for lively, dynamic statement piece that will appeal to any guest. Aquariums aren't just good because they're interactive; there’s actually something soothing about watching aquarium plants sway and tiny fish swim as the water calmly flows.
The responsibility of having a planted tank might be intimidating, but keeping a tank clean and healthy is easier than you may think! Most tanks require at least 20-30% weekly water changes, but those are manageable with some easy tricks and basic knowledge. Many aquarists simply use tap water with the addition of dechlorinator for their aquariums. Although there is a scientific side to keeping aquariums, this doesn't mean checking mini vials every day to make sure everything's right. Simply spending 30 minutes per week caring for your tank can be more than plenty.
To create a planted aquarium that thrives, simply start with the basics. These are as follows:
- A new rimless tank. Although just any tank may do, UNS rimless aquariums are specifically built to achieve that sense of perspective and truly show depth in an aquascape- without the distracting black rim.
- An appropriate filter for your tank (a reliable one!) that will help maintain water quality while keeping waste under control in a healthy ecosystem.
- The right LED aquarium lighting fixture that will encourage healthy plant growth and bring out the eye-catching colors of your tank.
- Your choice of livestock! This can include freshwater fish, snails, and shrimp. Make sure to do thorough research on the care requirements of each species before purchasing for your fish tank.
- Most importantly: aquatic plants. We recommend checking out our low tech plants collection- a list of beginner-friendly plants like Bucephalandra and Anubias that will bring life to your aquarium.
If you're ready to begin your aquarium setup, learn more interesting tips and tricks on adding a planted aquarium to the home in this Redfin Article:
Tell us - Was this article helpful? Please leave a comment below!
If you have any questions regarding this article, please DM us on Instagram, Facebook, or email email@example.com so we can assist you - @buceplant