Java Fern Flaming
Common Name: Java Fern Flaming, Microsorum Pteropus
Java Fern Flaming is a beautiful aquatic plant. This aquatic plant features ruffled bright green leaves that provide a beautiful appearance and texture when added to a planted aquarium tank. Microsorum species are some of the most popular aquarium plants in the hobby due to beautiful looks and easy care. Java Fern species are able to grow in low light conditions and will adapt to a wide range of water parameters making them great aquatic plant choices for beginners and experts alike.
Java Fern Flaming can be attached directly onto aquarium driftwood, rocks or any planted aquarium decoration using thread or glue. Make sure to keep the rhizomes above your aquarium substrate or it can begin to rot. Propagation is easy and straightforward; simply cut or pull apart rhizomes to be replanted.
- Java Fern is an epiphytic aquarium plant. This means it can grow fine when attached to aquascaping hardscape like driftwood and stones.
- Java Fern will propagate through its leaves. Dots on the underside of its leaves are normal and not a cause for concern.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant above a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- Burying the rhizome will cause the plant to die
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Polypodiaceae
Co2: Not Required
Propagation: Separate by Rhizome
Growth rate: Slow to Moderate