Common Name: Jungle Val, Wild Celery, Tape Grass, Eel Grass
- Vallisneria are heavy root feeders and should be planted deeply in quality aquarium soil.
- Vallisneria grows very large and tall making them suitable for larger planted aquariums.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Vallisneria Americana is a popular background plant for any aquarium. This plant grows fast and tall, spreading quickly to cover your aquarium. The leaves are long like other Vallisneria species and grow in a twisted shape which can have a spectacular effect when fully grown in.
This plant is said to tolerate some levels of salinity so may be able to survive in a brackish environment. Propagation is easy and straight forward. This plant will produce lateral shoots which can be cut and replanted.
Light: Moderate to High
Propagation: Cut lateral shoots