Vallisneria Contortionist (Corkscrew Vallisneria)
Common Name: Corkscrew Val
- Vallisneria are heavy root feeders and should be planted deeply in quality aquarium soil.
- Vallisneria grows very large and tall making them suitable for larger planted aquariums.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Corkscrew Vallisneria is unique types of Vallisneria characterized by the twisted vertical leaves. They act as the perfect background plants, growing tall and fast to create a jungle-like appearance. Vals are grass-like plants that spread along with side shoots and can grow to the height of your aquarium. They are nutrient loving plants that anchor deep into the substrate.
Region: Central/South America
Light: Moderate to High
Propagation: Cut lateral shoots
Growth rate: Fast